Children's Book Publishing Package
See your children's stories brought to life in high-quality paperback with colourful, detailed illustrations that make your book stand out from the crowd!
In A Nutshell
Give your children's book the best chance of success with custom illustrations, thick, glossy paper and global distribution so that it can be read by children across the world. We include custom illustrations as part of our Children's Book Publishing Packages, as we believe that vivid designs and eye-catching characters can really capture the imagination and add to the story. Alternatively, authors can provide their own children's book illustrations and we can format them to the text. However you envision your children's book, we'll do our best to see your story come to life!
What It Costs
Example Price = £1664.48 (based on 2000 word and 13 x double page, full colour illustrations)
The price of this service depends on a variety of factors about your book including word count, number of illustrations included, level of formatting.
For an accurate quote for this service, please Contact Us and a Publishing Advisor will be happy to help.
Browse examples of our children's book illustrations in the Design Galleries.
"Once again Rowanvale has come up trumps with my latest book, Darren's Dilemma. I have a few more in the pipeline and will be turning to Rowanvale again."
- John Davies, author of Captain Beany and the Meateorite, The Mystery of The Missing Vizsla and 12 other titles
What The Package Includes
- ISBN Assignment = Each new edition of a book is provided with its own ISBN, which is attributed to the publisher. We will provide your book with its own unique ISBN as part of the publication process. The ISBN is the legal labelling of a book and is the way of identifying each individual book from all other books by libraries, bookshops etc
- Proofreading & Copy-Editing = Our team will provide you with high-quality, comprehensive editing by an expert Writing Advisor, who will take into account your preferences, followed by a further two proofreads so that your book is read through by three different pairs of editorial eyes
- Bespoke Illustrations = Work with a talented designer to produce tailored children's book illustrations that will bring your characters to life. Your designer can collaborate with you to create the characters and scenes that you'd envisioned when writing the book, and can provide concepts and ideas when you're not yet sure exactly what you need
- Cover Design = Created using your internal illustrations and characters, and formatted into a design that truly reflects your work
- Paperback Cover & Internal Formatting = This includes the layout and typesetting of both the internal and cover files and adding all the technical aspects to ensure that the book is suitable for publishing
- Hardback Cover & Internal Formatting = If you choose to publish your children's book in all three formats, there will be a separate stage for typesetting to produce the hardback format
- Electronic Proof & Physical Proof Production = The design team will send you an electronic proof for you to review and then a physical proof copy will be printed and sent to you for your approval. A lot of companies charge extra for this, but we feel it is a crucial (and also exciting!) aspect of the publication process, which is why it will always be included
- eBook Internal Formatting = Your cover and internal files will be formatted to ensure they are suitable for conversion into eBook format. eBook retailers can be very picky about the specifications of the files, such as how many words per page, spacing and sizing, not to mention the use of external links, so it is important that these are formatted and presented correctly when eBook publishing
- eBook Conversion = Your book will be converted into eBook format so that it can be read on e-reader devices
- Legal Registration of the Book = The registration of the title includes it being listed with Nielsen Book Data, as there are certain legal requirements with publishing a book (e.g. depositing copies at certain libraries across the UK for paperback titles) and registration of the title includes these
- Global Distribution = Once published, your book is available for unlimited book printing and global distribution. One of the retail outlets for your book will be our online Book Store, along with distribution to over 39,000 retailers including Amazon, Waterstones, Barnes and Noble and more
- Amazon Keyword and Category Research = Using top industry specialist software, the team will do an extensive keyword analysis for your book to help pick the strongest keywords to give it the most potential. They will also perform extensive category research to help find niche categories to get you more sales. This research also helps establish how many sales that day would be needed to make the book rank in the top 10, as well as how many are needed in order for the book to be the new #1 bestseller
- Amazon Analysis and Marketing & Aftercare Service = The team are experienced in helping authors increase their book sales and category rankings, specifically on Amazon, and will provide advice and guidance ensuring that authors have the best chance of success
Guiding you through the process will be a dedicated Account Manager, who will be your personal contact during the children's picture book publication process and can discuss options with you from a professional perspective. With some companies, you may end up speaking to 10 different people. Instead, we feel assigning an author an Account Manager means that you can really get to know each other and they will always be on hand to ensure you feel reassured, comfortable and enjoy the publishing process!
Get In Touch
Learn more in our free publishing guide, which gives you a more detailed look at the process, or by speaking to one of our Publishing Advisors, who would be happy to walk you through all the details you need to begin the process.
“When I found Rowanvale, they seemed like the perfect publishing house for me and my books, almost like it was too good to be true! But they really are everything they say they are.”
– D. Bishop