Book Illustrations Service
See your stories brought to life with high-quality, vivid book illustrations that speak to your readers. See characters become real and landscapes jump out from the page with colourful, detailed illustrations that make your book stand out from the crowd. Whether it's children's book illustrations or drawings to accompany poetry, sometimes a little visual aid can go a long way!
In A Nutshell
Work with a talented designer to produce beautiful, custom children's book illustrations that will bring your characters to life. Your designer can collaborate with you to create the characters and scenes that you'd envisioned when writing the book, and can provide concepts and ideas when you're not yet sure exactly what you need.
Why Do We Do This?
We include custom book illustrations as part of our children's paperback publications, as we believe that vivid designs and eye-catching characters can really capture the imagination and add to the story. Our Book Illustrations Service is also available as a stand-alone option, which means that authors can ensure their illustrations truly reflect the characters and stories within their book, and can proceed with them along whichever publishing route they feel is right.
What It Costs
We work with a range of talented designers and illustrators, who are skilled in producing a wide variety of illustration styles.
Browse examples of our illustrations in the Design Galleries.
Prices start at £55 for a single page colour illustration or £66 for a double page colour illustration.
"Once again Rowanvale has come up trumps with my latest book, Darren's Dilemma. I have a few more in the pipeline and will be turning to Rowanvale again."
- John Davies, author of Captain Beany and the Meateorite, The Mystery of The Missing Vizsla and 12 other titles
How Do We Do This?
- Personal, one-to-one contact - Your designer will liaise directly with you, so that you can ensure that you are both on the same page (pardon the pun!) with how you want the illustrations to look. This helps reduce the risk of miscommunication between you both
- Discussion of your ideas - We encourage you to provide as much information as possible such as images for inspiration, sketches and written thoughts
- Character concepts and storyboard - This helps you understand how the designer is interpreting your vision and gives you the opportunity to discuss ideas further. They are also able to give completely different ideas or variations on a particular theme if this is important to you, such as different looks for a main character. Colour palettes are discussed and your input is encouraged
- Your feedback - Your feedback is used to create the complete book illustrations, including picking between elements of the concepts in a ‘mix-and-match’ style method to produce the illustration style that is right for you
- Amendments - At the complete book illustrations stage, a further set of amendments is permitted from you before the final designs are produced
- The Designer will produce the final children's book illustrations, ready to be used as part of your story
Get In Touch
Learn more in our free publishing guide, which gives you a more detailed look at the process, or by speaking to one of our Publishing Advisors, who would be happy to walk you through all the details you need to begin the process.
“When I found Rowanvale, they seemed like the perfect publishing house for me and my books, almost like it was too good to be true! But they really are everything they say they are.”
– D. Bishop