Writing Advisor Service
One of the hardest parts of being an author is learning how to write a good book. And not only that, but learning how to write a book that is engaging, innovative, and highly recommendable. What are the secrets behind writing a great book? By working with a supportive and experienced Writing Advisor, you can ensure that your book has the best chance of success.
In a nutshell
The Writing Advisor Service provides you with one-to-one tutoring on how to write a book, whether you're in the early planning stages or coming to the final edit. You will receive Writing Prompts and Exercises, Motivation and Time-Management Tips, Extensive Editorial Feedback, Help on Specific Areas (as requested by you), Self-Editing Guidance and Genre-Specific Advice.
There is no minimum contract, and you can use your Writing Advisor as and when you require them.
What it costs
If you live outside of the UK, please ask your Publishing Advisor the correct price for your country.
Everything you need to know about how to write a book from editorial feedback to genre specific guidance.
Why do we do this?
The market is over-saturated with poor-quality self-published books, and we want you to avoid falling into the trap of publishing before your manuscript is ready.
By learning how to write a book that is up to the highest quality it can be, you can feel confident in knowing that you're entering the world of publishing with a great deal of potential.
In order to do this, it's important for you to have editorial guidance and professional feedback from the earliest point in your writing. Whatever publishing avenue you hope to eventually go down, and whatever writing support you need until then, we’ll be glad to help.
How do we do this?
Whether you need a bit of a boost for a few weeks or support in how to write a book over the best part of a year, your Writing Advisor can provide guidance and advice in a number of ways.
- Writing Prompts and Exercises - Helping you to overcome writers’ block: the ultimate nemesis
- Motivation and Time-Management Tips - Making sure you maintain momentum in your writing and ensuring it is a productive use of your time
- Extensive Editorial Feedback - Advice on what you've written so far
- General Writing Advice - Tips and advice on a huge range of topics, which will help you improve your general writing skill level – not to mention your confidence
- Help on Specific Areas (as requested by you) - tailored advice on any specific issues you face
- Self-Editing Guidance - Learning how to self-edit so that you can reduce any future costs of professional editing
- Genre-Specific Advice - Writing advice based around specific factors such as your genre and target audience
At first I was rather doubtful of the Writing Advisor service, especially when I learned that the money I paid every month only allowed for an hour of time a month. However, the feedback that I receive from it, even if it's only two chapters a month, is very beneficial! Moreover, having Sapphira as my Writing Advisor is definitely a bonus; she's very kind, and very patient with me too. I knew very little about publishing books before I started talking to her and I asked all kinds of questions. She seemed more than happy to expand on points that I didn't understand, which I could imagine may have been a bit daunting at times. But overall it's worth the money, and I appreciate all the work Sapphira puts into my attempt at creating a decent enough story to publish! Danielle Crowe