Marketing & Aftercare Service
As an author, one of the scariest aspects of publishing can be how to market a book. We can break things down so that something as scary and foreign as book marketing becomes easy and rewarding! Your Marketing Advisor will be your main point of contact, post-publication, to assist with marketing and distribution and to teach you the skills and knowledge necessary to market your new book.
In a nutshell
You can gain the skills and knowledge necessary to carry out book marketing effectively. Transform yourself into a well-known brand, create marketing campaigns, promote your book to the right people and give yourself the greatest chance of success. Your Marketing Advisor can assist with book stores, with reviews, with social media campaigns and wider book marketing strategies, among many other avenues you might like to pursue!
What it costs
£40.00 per month (approx. 1hour of support)
If you live outside of the UK, please ask your Publishing Advisor the correct price for your country.
One month of pro-active assistance from your Marketing Advisor, including everything you need to know about book marketing from in-depth analysis to social media marketing.
Why do we do this?
We believe in not just carrying out the book marketing ourselves, but coaching the author so that they become skilled in marketing their own work - in an increasingly saturated market, there are so few authors who understand how to market a book successfully. We understand how crucial it is to not only handle book marketing effectively, but to do this cheaply and strategically, so that authors can become self-sufficient in marketing their own titles and reap the benefits of this. Your Marketing Advisor will help you learn and understand free book marketing methods to help with your promotion.
How do we do this?
- Processing and Handling of Book Sales: Includes packaging orders, arranging dispatch, answering customer queries, credit control, calculating royalties and liaising with retailers and distributors
- Promotional Activities: Such as sending out promotional copies of the book, at the author’s request, to specific marketing contacts and retailers both in the UK and internationally
- Press Release Creation: Created for book marketing purposes and provided to the author; this information is also used to market your book via our online Book Store, blog and social media platforms
- E-Book Marketing & Global Distribution (if applicable): Global distribution to over 1,000 online retailers (e.g. Waterstones, WHSmiths, Amazon) and over 45,000 libraries
- Paperback Marketing & International Distribution (if applicable): This service includes reporting to Nielsen Book Data so that the title can be ordered via bookshops and retailers. Once published, your book will also be available to over 39,000 retailers including Amazon UK, US and more. Your book will be available to popular book stores and suppliers in the US (such as Barnes and Noble, and Baker and Taylor), as well as UK retailers such as Waterstones, Blackwells and Gardners. Australian retailers include Fishponds and Booktopia, and further distribution is available in India, Brazil, South Korea, Canada, Russia and the EU.
- Book Store: Includes the sale of your book via our own online Book Store. The fulfilment of book orders through this method requires no involvement from the author, as the print order is dealt with entirely by us
- Inclusion in Amazon's Search Inside and Google Books programs. This is important in allowing customers to view your book and has a direct impact on purchase behaviour
Marketing Coaching and Support
- Strategic Marketing Campaigns: Helping you create a worthwhile and achievable book marketing campaign to be used for previous, current and future publications
- Social Media Campaigns: Advice on building a loyal target audience and fan base via social media platforms, including lessons on how to market a book via Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads
- Target Marketing Plans: how to identify and locate your target audience, reach out to them and network to increase book sales
- Goal-Management: Creating book marketing project goals that are realistic and achievable
- Brand Building: Guidance on how to build an online presence and develop yourself as a recognisable brand
- Marketing Tutoring: Personal, one to one support and guidance tailored to your book, and your level of marketing experience
- Industry-based Knowledge: Help in navigating the current market, and in which methods of book marketing are proving effective for different genres and writing styles
As a first time author knowing very little about the publishing industry and not really knowing how to get my debut novel into print, I have found Rowanvale an absolute pleasure and godsend to work with. Every single member of the team, from my account manager, editor, graphic designer, marketing advisor and anybody else I've failed to mention have kept me informed, up to date, and helped me immensely every step of the way in fulfilling my dream in bringing my story to life, with me ultimately having final editorial input throughout.
Publishing with Rowanvale books has been an absolute pleasure from beginning to end.
The friendly, professional and user friendly service took away all the hassle and stress of self publishing for me as a debut author and every member of staff was always available and supportive whenever any issues would arise. Their proactive approach made things very easy and no problem was too big. I would highly recommend Rowanvale books to other authors who are in the same position as I was, not knowing which way to turn with my project, and I look forward to working with the whole team again with future projects, so thanks again for your hard work and effort guys.
I would highly recommend this honest, hard working, professional team to anyone in a similar position to what I was in, as they have strived to make it as stress free and cost effective as possible. All this aside, what made it the pleasant experience it was, was not just their professionalism and hard work, however it was more to do with the friendly nature and great working relationships established with the team.
On a final note, I would like to say that Rowanvale offer a fantastic value for money service, and I would be more than happy to use their services again in the future, thank you guys.Lee Shepherd, author of Abandoned
They also used our Paperback Publishing Service, Proofreading & Copy-Editing Service, Custom Book Cover Design Service and eBook Publishing Service