Paperback/Hardback Publishing Package
Seeing your manuscript take form as a physical book is one of the main reasons that writers wish to publish. Publishing a book in paperback form not only means that you have a physical product to market and hopefully see on the shelves of many bookstores one day, but is a lovely way of sharing your work with friends and family. Our Paperback/Hardback Publishing Package helps authors achieve this.
What it costs
Example Price = £1348.12 (based on 40,000w manuscript)
The price of this service depends on a variety of factors about your book including word count and level of formatting.
For an accurate quote for this service, please contact us and a Publishing Advisor will be happy to help.
What does the package include?
- ISBN Assignment = Each new edition of a book is provided with its own ISBN, which is attributed to the publisher. We will provide your book with its own unique ISBN as part of the publication process. The ISBN is the legal labelling of a book and is the way of identifying each individual book from all other books by libraries, bookshops etc.
- Proofreading & Copy-Editing = Our team will provide you with high-quality, comprehensive editing by an expert Writing Advisor, who will take into account your preferences, followed by a further two proofreads so that your book is read through by three different pairs of editorial eyes
- Bespoke Illustrations = If applicable (e.g. short story collections, poetry), your package can include working with a talented designer to produce tailored illustrations to include in your book. Your designer can collaborate with you to create the images that you'd envisioned when writing the book, and can provide concepts and ideas when you're not yet sure exactly what you need
- Cover Design = Pick between a bespoke graphic design or illustrative cover, created to represent your vision by a member of our talented design team
- Paperback/Hardback Cover & Internal Formatting = This includes the layout and typesetting of both the internal and cover files and adding all the technical aspects to ensure that the book is suitable for publishing
- Electronic Proof & Physical Proof Production = The design team will send you an electronic proof for you to review and then a physical proof copy will be printed and sent to you for your approval. A lot of companies charge extra for this, but we feel it is a crucial (and also exciting!) aspect of the publication process, which is why it will always be included
- Legal Registration of the Book = The registration of the title includes it being listed with Nielsen Book Data, as there are certain legal requirements with publishing a book (e.g. depositing copies at certain libraries across the UK for paperback titles) and registration of the title includes these.
- Global Distribution = Once published, your book is available for unlimited book printing and global distribution. One of the retail outlets for your book will be our online Book Store, along with distribution to over 39,000 retailers including Amazon, Waterstones, Barnes and Noble and more
- Amazon Keyword and Category Research = Using top industry specialist software, the team will do an extensive keyword analysis for your book to help pick the strongest keywords to give it the most potential. They will also perform extensive category research to help find niche categories to get you more sales. This research also helps establish how many sales that day would be needed to make the book rank in the top 10, as well as how many are needed in order for the book to be the new #1 bestseller.
- Amazon Analysis and Marketing & Aftercare Service = The team are experienced in helping authors increase their book sales and category rankings, specifically on Amazon, and will provide advice and guidance ensuring that authors have the best chance of success
Guiding you through the process will be a dedicated Account Manager, who will be your personal contact during the children's picture book publication process and can discuss options with you from a professional perspective. With some companies, you may end up speaking to 10 different people. Instead, we feel assigning an author an Account Manager means that you can really get to know each other and they will always be on hand to ensure you feel reassured, comfortable and enjoy the publishing process!