Marketing Advisor Service
As an author, one of scariest aspects of publishing can be how to market a book. You may have noticed that successful book promotion isn't easy, and many writers require support with their book marketing. We can break things down so that something as scary and foreign as marketing becomes easy and rewarding!
In a nutshell
You can gain the skills and knowledge necessary to learn how to market a book effectively. Transform yourself into a well-known brand, create marketing campaigns, promote your book to the right people and give yourself the greatest chance of success. There is no minimum contract, and you can use your Marketing Advisor as and when you require them.
What it costs
£33/per hour (inc. VAT). Usually 1 hr per month.
If you live outside of the UK, please ask your Publishing Advisor the correct price for your country.
Everything you need to know about how to market a book from in-depth analysis to social media marketing.
Why do we do this?
In an increasingly saturated market, there are so few authors who understand how to market a book successfully. Unfortunately, we see so many published writers wasting their valuable time and effort on marketing tactics that don't work, and we hope to help you avoid falling into this trap. It is essential that authors understand how to market a book with a business-like mindset. We want authors to be able to help themselves, and be able to use the tools we give them to promote future books, successfully and independently.
How do we do this?
As part of the service, you can break down successful book marketing into easy to understand, manageable chunks. Areas that will be developed are:
- Product Analysis: Your Marketing Advisor will analyse your book (including general production, editorial standards, cover design and formatting) for any influence on its appeal
- Strategic Marketing Review: Analysis of your online presence and position in the market
- Strategic Marketing Campaigns: You will receive plans for worthwhile and achievable campaigns that fit in with your personality, your book, and your marketing goals
- Social Media Campaigns: Advice on building a loyal target audience and fan base via social media platforms, including lessons on how to market a book via Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads
- Target Marketing Plans: how to identify and locate your target audience, reach out to them and network to increase book sales
- Goal-Management: Creating project goals that are realistic and achievable
- Brand Building: Guidance on how to build an online presence and develop yourself as a recognisable brand
- Marketing Tutoring: Personal, one to one support and guidance tailored to your book, and your level of marketing experience
- Industry-based Knowledge: Help in navigating the current market, and in which methods of marketing are proving effective for different genres and writing styles