What rate of royalties do authors receive for sales via their 20 complimentary copies?
As part of the publication process, we provide authors with 20 complimentary copies of their paperback, which they can sell directly e.g. to friends and family. The author will keep 100% of the royalties from this method.
The royalty calculation provided below is an example only, based on a book with an RRP of £9.99 and a unit cost of £2.50.
Paperback sales via an author's complimentary copies, which can be followed by reprints:
Paperback RRP = £9.99
Retailer Deduction = none
Net Amount = none
Your Royalties (100%) = £9.99
Potential Revenue from Complimentary Copies = £199.80
Related Questions: Royalties
- Where does the other 35% go?
- What rate of royalties do authors receive for paperback sales via retailers?
- What rate of royalties do authors receive for paperback sales via our online Book Store?
- How often will I receive money from my book sales?
- What rate of royalties do authors receive for e-book sales?