How much is it for me to buy additional copies of my book, after my 20 complimentary author copies have sold out?
The calculation for ordering a reprint is:
Quantity x Unit Cost + Admin Fee + Postage = Total Cost
The current admin fee for processing an order is £33.00, but we do offer a lower admin fee of £16.50 for quantities of 20 copies and below.
We always ensure that reprints will be profitable for the author. For instance, if a book had a unit cost of £2.50, was priced at £9.99 and the author wished to order an additional 100 copies after their initial inventory had sold, the cost would be £290.28 (£250.00 printing + £33.00 processing fee + £7.28). The potential revenue for these 100 copies would be £999.00, so potential profit for the author from this reprint would be £708.72 (as an author can keep 100% of the royalties from sales via their own copies).
Related Questions: eBook and Paperback Publication (Distribution)
- How long will you sell my book for?
- What international distribution do you offer?
- I have heard that there could be a compromise on quality when using the print on demand service, is this true?
- Am I allowed more than 20 complimentary author copies of my paperback initially?
- How is the RRP of a paperback book calculated?