Have you finished the first draft of your manuscript and you’re wondering where to start with the editing process? Or have you finished the final draft of your manuscript and want to test the reception with readers before you publish? Our Beta Reader service might be just what you need at this point in your writing journey.
Share your manuscript with experienced beta readers who will provide you with feedback on your book and let you know which elements they loved and which could be improved, and how.
In a nutshell
We will match up your manuscript with readers from our reader pool who are regular readers of your genre.
Many authors send their manuscript off for beta reading so that they can gain some feedback from their target audience, and ensure that their book is well suited for readers, is conveying the right message, and is enjoyable, before they move on to editing or publishing.
Our beta readers understand what makes a good book and will help you develop your plot, characters, structure, writing style and purpose.
What it costs
Initial Set-up Fee (covers sending of information to reader pool) = £41.93
Reader Service = made up of Admin Fee (£18.64) + Cost Per Reader (£12.51) x Quantity of Readers
For example, if you opted for 10 readers, the total cost of the service would be: £185.67
For more information and to discuss this service further, please get in contact.
Why do we do this?
We know how daunting it can be, anxiously wondering how your novel will be received after publication, so why not be one step ahead and see what kind of reaction you’ll get before you publish?
Your beta readers’ feedback will be returned to you within a few weeks (depending on length of manuscript) and from that point on, you can polish your novel to your heart’s content knowing exactly what your readers are looking for.
How do we do this?
· The details of your book are sent out to our reader pool of over 160 readers; and a week allowed for readers of your target audience to express their interest
· We then let you know how many readers are interested and you can choose to pay for as many readers as you like within that number
· A special review copy of your manuscript will then be sent to your readers, along with your specific list of questions (if you have anything in particular you'd like the readers to pay attention to)
· Once complete, the beta reports will be anonymously compiled into a word document for you to review
There is then the opportunity to ask specific readers further questions if you would like clarification on any points (additional charge)
· You can then use this feedback to guide your polishing process, ensuring that your novel resonates with its future readers
· If you have opted to have reviews posted on Amazon and Goodreads, you can then decide, based on the beta reports, who you would like to have post a review for your book.
This Advanced Review Copy (ARC) Service is designed to get you an initial boost of reviews as soon as you are published (or at any point post-publication) to help increase credibility and sales - follow this link for more information.
The Beta Reader service is brilliant! It gave me a real sense of how readers are likely to react to book themes, plot and characters and provided plenty of direction on how I could improve the quality of my manuscript. I liked the questions put to the Beta readers - the detailed responses were most helpful in giving me material I could take further to improve the quality of my manuscript.