Updated 23rd April 2018
From time to time we may change this policy by updating this page. You should regularly check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or submit your details (e.g. to request a quote, submit an enquiry, receive our newsletter or claim a free e-book). You are not obliged to provide any information, however, and you may visit our site anonymously.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address, telephone number and postal address
- Manuscript details or samples
We require this information for the following reasons:
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with more information for the product(s)/service(s) you have requested.
- Your information may also be stored in a CRM system for Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
You can always opt out of future communications with us at anytime.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. We can also delete all information stored within 30 days of you requesting this at no charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Should Rowanvale Books be sold in the future, all collected information would be passed onto the new purchaser and they would only be able to use this data in the same way that we use this data at Rowanvale Books. Should the new purchaser want to use this information stored for any other purposes, they would need to contact all subscribers and positively request them to opt in to the mailing list again.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.