Children's Book Publishing
See your children's stories brought to life in high-quality paperback. See characters become real and landscapes jump out from the page with colourful, detailed illustrations that make your book stand out from the crowd!
In a nutshell
Give your children's book the best chance of success with custom illustrations, thick, glossy paper and global distribution so that it can be read by children across the world. We include custom illustrations as part of our children's book publishing packages, as we believe that vivid designs and eye-catching characters can really capture the imagination and add to the story. Alternatively, authors can provide their own children's book illustrations and we can format them to the text. However you envision your children's book, we'll do our best to see your story come to life!
What it costs
The price of this service depends on a variety of factors about your book including word count, number of illustrations included, level of formatting.
For an accurate quote for this service, please contact us and a Publishing Advisor will be happy to help.
Everything listed to the left of the page.
Browse examples of our children's book illustrations in the Design Galleries.
How do we do this?
- Personal, one-to-one contact - A dedicated Account Manager, who will be your personal contact during the children's picture book publication process and can discuss options with you from a professional perspective
- High-quality, comprehensive editing - A thorough Proofread & Copy-Edit carried out by a Writing Advisor who will take into account your preferences, followed by a further two quality control checks so that your book is read through by three different pairs of editorial eyes
- Beautiful, custom book illustrations - Work with a talented designer to produce tailored children's book illustrations that will bring your characters to life. Your designer can collaborate with you to create the characters and scenes that you'd envisioned when writing the book, and can provide concepts and ideas when you're not yet sure exactly what you need
- Cover design - Created using your internal illustrations and characters, and formatted into a design that truly reflects your work
- Paperback formatting - The formatting stage of Children's Book Publication includes the layout and typesetting of both the internal and cover files, as well as assigning the book an ISBN and including the RRP, barcode and publisher imprint, ensuring that the book is suitable for publishing
- Complimentary author copies - You will receive 20 complimentary paperback copies of the book, which will be shipped directly to you for you to sell/distribute as you wish. You would then keep 100% of the royalties from these book sales
- Global distribution - Once published, your book is available for unlimited book printing and global distribution. One of the retail outlets for your book will be our online Book Store, along with distribution to over 39,000 retailers including Amazon, Waterstones, Barnes and Noble and more
I am delighted with the final product and it has been a pleasure to work with Rowanvale again. All of the team are profession and caring and I've felt looked after all the way through. I have a beautiful book that is very high quality and has been very well received so far. I know Clare, the illustrator was equally happy with the final product and enjoyed working with Rowanvale. Thank you to the whole team!Rhian Howells, author of Princess Pirate Pants and I'm Still Your Auntie
They also used our Proofreading & Copy-Editing Service, Custom Book Cover Design Service, Paperback Publishing Service and Marketing & Aftercare Service